Do you run a fencing club in England? Have an interest in how fencing clubs operate? Or just want to hear more about fencing? Then the Club Digest is for you.
Welcome to the Club Digest from British Fencing and England Fencing, a monthly e-newsletter for Clubs!
Over the coming months, I will be circulating key information to support clubs with development, growth and progression to help fencing clubs thrive.
Digests will cover a range of topics including:
1. Sharing of club best practice. This will include policies and procedures clubs have adopted, as well as ways to attract new members, and improve your club’s financial sustainability.
2. Case studies that celebrate club success. We will provide examples of clubs who have successfully created partnerships with their local communities. This will enable you to access the insight and knowledge other clubs have gained in creating successful partnerships with their local community.
3. How British Fencing is making our sport more accessible. British Fencing supports a range of community fencing projects. We are always looking for local clubs to partner with these projects, and provide regular fencing opportunities for new participants.
4. Top tips on applying for funding. This will cover applying for funding from a range of sources including Sport England. Other sources of funding will be explored, many of which focus on volunteer and coach development.
5. Information on upcoming British Fencing events and coaching courses. Details of British Fencing’s new suite of industry recognised qualifications will be provided, to ensure your club coaches have the most up-to-date qualifications.
The Club Digest is produced by British Fencing and targeted at England based clubs. If your club is based in another home country, it is still possible to subscribe however content will be tailored to English clubs.
Please note: Club Digests are only avaliable to members of clubs of whom hold a valid British Fencing Club Membership.
An example of the Club Digest can be found below.