CEO British Fencing - Person Specification
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills as well as energy and enthusiasm for the role. You will have demonstrable ability to maintain a tight focus on the efficient management of the sport’s resources while advancing long term goals. A decisive and effective leader, you will have excellent communications and negotiation skills and a strong track record of building effective relationships with stakeholders. A thorough understanding of budgeting, financial analysis and planning is essential.
The Chief Executive we seek will be able to provide evidence of:
- Exceptional advocacy and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, including members, staff, sponsors, stakeholders and the media.
- A track record of effective, credible and facilitative leadership gained in a senior managerial capacity.
- Well developed people leadership and management skills, with a personal commitment to organisational and staff development and experience of embedding a collaborative, performance driven culture, through clear and visible leadership.
- A track record of driving innovation and change.
- A strong understanding of governance and experience of working effectively and in partnership with trustees and/or non-executive directors.
- A demonstrable track record of success in developing and maintaining collaborations with a range of partners and stakeholders.
- Personal integrity and commitment to openness, inclusiveness and high standards.
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure, and to meet demanding deadlines, including the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands.
- Strong commitment to equality and diversity.
- Clear understanding of and proven commitment to safeguarding.
- Knowledge of Fencing and its community will be an advantage. Candidates from outside the Fencing community will need to demonstrate an ability and willingness to quickly develop their understanding of the sport.
- A developed understanding and appreciation of world class standards in senior high performance sporting environments would be an advantage.