6th March 2015
GB Cadet (U17) International Programme 2015-16
Following the announcement regarding the GB Junior International programme, the governance structure of the GB Cadet International Programme will also be changing.
As for the 2014-15 season, British Fencing will not be involved in delivering Cadet International trips. The feedback from athletes, parents and coaches has been overwhelmingly positive and British Fencing does not have the resource (people or financial) to directly manage these trips. (This will be subject to an annual review.)
The following activities will now be the responsibility of a new International Cadet Management Group (ICMG). Items marked with a * will be discussed and agreed with the Talent Pathway Manager. Items marked + will be subject to additional approval by the Performance Director.
- Cadet Calendar (including domestic selection tournaments) *
- EFC Competition Nominations (EFC - European Fencing Confederation) *
- EFC Competition Squad Selection Policies *
- EFC Competition Squad Selection Process
- GB Cadet Ranking - reviewing and monitoring
- Appointment and support of non-travelling Squad Managers (SM)
- Cadet European & World Championship Selection Policies* +
- Cadet European & World Championship Selection Process* +
The ICMG will comprise:
- Chair (Clare Halsted for 2015-16)
- One Coordinator per weapon (i.e. 3 in total). The Coordinator will also act as the link to the International Junior programme
- One Squad Manager per weapon (i.e. 3 in total).
- One Referee Committee representative - to manage the interface with the RefCom Nominated EFC Referee Selection Process, the Referee Pathway Scheme and other related referee activities.