TALENT PATHWAY MANAGER
5th May 2015
British Fencing, the National Governing Body for Fencing, is seeking a Talent Pathway Manager to join the World Class Programme (WCP) Fencing team. This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the WCP Talent Pathway. They will contribute to the achievement of the WCP aims, objectives and targets through the following:
- Manage the delivery of a systematic and evidenced-‐based fencer performance pathway in the context of Fencing’s 2013/17 World Class plan, resulting in an oversupply of fencers making the required benchmarks at Talent (2024) and Podium Potential (2020) level programmes
- Provide accelerated coaching, training and focused competition opportunities, measuring individual progress against medal winning trajectories for fencing’s most promising 2020/2024 medal prospects
- Foster closer working partnerships with Home Nation Programmes to define the strategic and technical framework of a seamless performance pathway, reaching from Home Nation activity through to the WCP
- Define and implement a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) framework that effectively and accurately measures the impact of the performance pathway reaching from Home Nation activity through to the WCP Podium Potential squad
- Operate as a member of the WCP Performance Team, ensuring trends, gap analysis and technical input is continually considered and that intelligence and insights at Podium level is continually cascaded down the performance pathway through a suite of effective solutions
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Educated to degree level in leadership/management, sports science and / or elite level coaching
- Experience of planning, implementing and managing successful talent identification and/or development programmes within a sport environment
- Significant leadership experience within a team environment which could include extensive frontline work with junior internationals, U21/U23 teams
- Knowledge and experience of Coaching talented juniors and/or detailed knowledge and understanding of fencing
If you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
How to apply
British Fencing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of society. Any appointment will be made on merit alone.
For further information, please visit the main "Vacancies" page www.britishfencing.com/news/vacanciesandrecruitment to download a full job description and person specification.
Please submit your CV (maximum 3 pages) with a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) by email to Dawn Brown, Personnel Dynamics, email@example.com clearly identifying how your skills and experience are relevant to the requirements outlined in the job description. The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 22nd May 2015.
Initial interviews will be conducted on Monday 1st June 2015.