23rd June 2016
The Board of British Fencing invites applications for the voluntary post of President, which now falls vacant after the Rio Olympic Games. The appointment is a Board decision, to be confirmed at the AGM.
The British Fencing Presidency is an international role, British Fencing's leading representative with the FIE and other international bodies. The responsibilities include:-
* to be an ambassador internationally for the sport and for British Fencing
* to head BF delegations internationally, as appropriate
* to advise the Board on international policy matters and on any international appointments
* to support the Board and Chair of British Fencing and operate wholly within BF strategy and policy as expressed by the Board or Chair
* by agreement with the Chair, to represent British Fencing at formal occasions, international or domestic, such as official functions, events, competitions and presentations
* to chair any meetings of the BF Vice-Presidents.
We seek someone from our fencing community, with understanding of the sport, and experience in the international scene. Holding a current international post will be an advantage. He or she must be a member of British Fencing (who joined before I January 2016). We look for diplomatic qualities, a commitment to the sport and to British Fencing and the desire to aid British Fencing in its aims to be the leading fencing nation by 2024.
To apply for the post, please send the following to the BF Head Office email@example.com for Kim's attention by 12 August latest:-
* CV (to include details of fencing experience, membership number etc)
* Names and contact details of a proposer and seconder from the British Fencing membership
* Comments on suitability for the post and reasons for applying.
British Fencing is an Equal Opportunities employer. This is an open competition for the President post. The appointment will be made by the Board, to be confirmed by the membership at the Annual General Meeting on October 8, 2016.