26th October 2011
Dear BF member,
Saturday 29th October will be the last AGM before the London Olympic Games and we wanted to mark this occasion with a special event for members to surround the somewhat mundane formal business of the AGM. It is for that reason that we are at the British Olympic Association and we have developed an agenda to inform members, allowing also members to feedback and ask questions of the Board.
We will be presenting BF Honours Awards to value and recognise fencers and volunteers, the GBR Team from the World Championships in Catania will be there to meet with members and answer questions and we will have Committee Chairs and staff present to updates of our 3G strategy: GREEN; GROW; GOLD.
This is an ideal opportunity for members to attend and learn more about what is going on across the organisation and also to offer feedback to the Board. The Board has worked hard to develop its governance and transparency and it is through events like this that we are able to communicate with and listen to members.
The Agenda for the whole day, including the AGM is as follows:
BRITISH FENCING ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING PLUS
British Olympic Association, 60 Charlotte Street, London W1T 2NU
11.00 – 13.00
1. Introduction (Keith Smith, British Fencing President)
2. British Fencing Honours Awards (Keith Smith)
3. Address by British Fencing Chair on behalf of the Board (David Teasdale, British Fencing Chair)
4. Comments & questions to the Board (David Teasdale and Board)
5. Formal Annual General Meeting business (David Teasdale)
6. British Fencing Gold agenda - Meet British Fencing athletes (DT, Alex Newton, Performance Manager, & athletes)
7. British Fencing Grow agenda (David Teasdale, Ben Campion, Development Manager, Georgina Usher)
8. British Fencing Parents Group (David Teasdale, with Group representative)
9. AOB (David Teasdale)
Following this agenda, I would very much like to invite you to stay with us for lunch and meet with the Board, staff, Committee members and GBR athletes.
I look forward to seeing you
British Fencing Chair